- State should ensure timely supply of books before the start of the academic session
- For the purpose, a real time monitoring tool should be instituted so that there is no delay in the supply of textbooks.
- These will be appraised based on the data provided by the state for such children under SDMIS.
- Incentive for Reuse of Textbooks
Financials Norms: -
- Provision for textbooks to all children in Government/Local body and government aided schools, including Madrasas desires of introducing the state curriculum, at an average cost of Rs. 250/- per child at primary Level and Rs 400/-per child at upper primary Level.
- Primers/textbooks developed for tribal languages with bridging materials to facilitate a transition to the state language of instruction and English, would be eligible for textbook for classes I and II within the ceiling of RS. 250/- per child as per norms prescribed for textbooks.
- The option of cash transfer will be allowed in the forms of DBT to Aadhaar linked bank accounts.
- Provision may be made for energized textbooks.