- You are here :
Unified District Information System for Education (UDISE)
- Unified District Information System for Education (UDISE) initiated in 2012-13 integrating DISE for elementary and secondary education is one of the largest Management Information Systems on School Education covering more than 1,10,229 schools, 7.8 Lakh teachers and almost 2.81 crore children in the state of Maharashtra as per 2019-20 UDISE plus..
- UDISE+ is an updated and improved version of UDISE. The entire system is now online and has been collecting data in real-time since 2018-19.
- Quality Education is the right of every student, without any discrimination. With thriving competition from private schools, there have been significant efforts from the Indian Government to offer improved facilities and infrastructure in government schools. The School Education system in India is one of the largest in the world comprising more than 1.5 million schools, 8.5 million teachers, and over 250 million students from varied socio-economic backgrounds across 28 States and 8 Union Territories (UTs).
- It becomes essential to have a robust, real-time, and credible information collection mechanism for an objective evaluation of the system, based on which specific interventions for improvement can be designed.
- In view of the above, the Indian Government has decided to develop an application, “Unified District Information System For Education Plus” (UDISE+) under the Ministry of Education, to collect the school details about factors related to a school and its resources
- UDISE+ has a mandate of collecting information from all recognized and unrecognized schools imparting formal education from Pre-primary to XII.
- Information collected through the digital platform of UDISE+, is utilized for the planning, optimized resource allocation and implementation of various education-related programs and assessments of progress made.
- UDISE+, collects information through an online Data Collection Form (DCF) on parameters ranging from school, Infrastructure, teachers, enrolments, examination results etc. spread across 11 sections.
- The Schools which get onboarded successfully on the platform are provided a UDISE Code, which acts as a national level unique identifier. UDISE+ has the school as the unit of data collection and district as the unit of data distribution.
- Ever since its introduction, UDISE+ has acquired the status of the official statistics system of the 'Ministry of Education' and is now operational in all the districts of the country.