Developing Model Schools in the State.
There will be three important parts in building an Model school. This will include physical facilities, educational quality and some administrative matters
1)Physical facilities: - Physical facilities will include separate toilets, drinking water system, well-maintained classrooms, attractive building, playground, sports equipment, ICT lab, science lab, library. There will be roads for transportation from the surrounding villages and schools. If the number of students increases in the future, there will be ample scope for expansion of the building and physical facilities.
2)Educational Quality: - Educational quality will provide a great learning environment for students to learn. Teachers will teach students by going beyond textbooks. Students should be able to read and write properly. It is necessary to focus on reading while standing in the classroom, it is necessary to practice reading. It will be compulsory for the students to be familiar with the basic concepts of language and mathematics at the primary level, including reading, writing and mathematical operations. The school library will have supplementary reading books and reference books, encyclopedias. Along with self-study, educational programs like group study will be implemented in a constructive manner.
a) 21st Century Skills in Model School such as Creative Thinking, Critical Thinking, Scientific Temperament, Embracing Constitutional Values, Collaboration, Communication Other similar skills will be consciously developed.
b) People will be attracted to the ideal school and will be ready to leave other schools and send their children to this school for quality education. The fact that parents are ready to participate in various school and co-school activities for the overall quality and personality development of their child shows that the school is an Model school.
c) The atmosphere in the Model school should be pleasant. Students need to feel like coming to school. Students should also want to come to school on Saturdays and Sundays. Children will have a pleasant learning experience. In ideal schools, students can generate their own knowledge through Activity Based Learning. Constructive and enjoyable learning will enable them to learn as many subjects as possible in the shortest possible time. Teachers should go beyond book knowledge and teach children. Without hesitation, without fear, students will be eager to ask questions and this will increase the therapeutic attitude
3) Administrative matters: - Model school is a school where the teachers want to work, are willing to be transferred, are willing to work there for at least 5 years, the teachers will not request a transfer from there. The main objective of the Model school will be the physical, intellectual and mental development of the children through education. Model School is a school that develops leadership skills in various co-curricular activities such as sports, speech, writing, acting, singing and other subjects as well as developing skills in various fields for the students to develop their holistic skills to meet various challenges in the present competitive age with learning outcomes in various subjects. A school that fulfills the above can be termed as an Model school. About one school from each taluka of the state is to be enriched. The school will inspire and guide other schools, as well as students and teachers from other nearby schools will be able to avail these educational facilities as per the concept of School Complex mentioned in the National Education Policy, 2020
Part-1: Prerequisites for choosing the ideal school
1) There should be at least 1st to 7th standard school.
2) Minimum pass mark should be 100.
3) School location should be central and have good road connectivity.
4) There should be sufficient space available for construction of additional classrooms in view of increasing enrollment from a future perspective.
5) There should be enough space for the stadium.
6) Public participation
Part-2: Matters to be developed after choosing the ideal school
1) Increasing public participation
2) Increasing number of students in future and minimum 100-150 students
3) Anganwadi (pre-primary class) is expected in the school premises.
4) Attractive school building
5) Classrooms according to the student
6) Separate and adequate toilets for boys and girls and for CWSN
7) Drinking water facility and hand wash station
8) Kitchen and storage room for lunch
9) Educational materials
10) Sports equipment
12) Computer Room
13) Virtual Class Room (Optional)
14) Electrification facility to the school
15) Protective wall
16) Emergency exit with school fire extinguisher from the point of view of disaster management
17) It is expected to have safe transportation system for the admitted students in the area.
18) Sending the best teachers for in-country / out-of-country training